DAVID U. ARANGO, M.D., FRCS (C)
Dr. Arango is Board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Arango is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In practice at Arango Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Center since 2008, he maintains affiliations with Lake Wales Medical Center and Winter Haven Hospital.
In addition, Dr. Arango has been a frequent presenter on orthopedic topics at medical conferences and meetings around the country and in Canada.
Dr. David Arango earned his medical degree from the St. Louis University School of Medicine in Missouri, and fulfilled his Internship duties in the Department of Surgery at Kaiser-Permanente Medical Center in Oakland, California. He went on to Residencies in the Department of Surgery at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire, and the Department of Surgery at Orlando Regional Medical Center in Florida. Dr. Arango then completed a comprehensive Residency in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Montreal Hospitals in Quebec, Canada.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (Board Eligible)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship -Dr Arrango performed Sports Medicine fellowship st the university of South Florida and during training was an affiliated team doctor for the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Tampa Bay Storm. He was also a team physician for Formula One racing in Canada and ringside physician for professional boxing.
- Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship – Dr Arango trained under Mark Frankle a pioneer in shoulder and elbow surgery.
- Joint Replacement Fellowship – Dr Arragno did fellowship training at Tampa General Hospital where he participated in over 700 joint replacements gaining a vast expertise in joint replacements including complex revisions.
Royal Palm Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, is committed to providing patients with timely access to the most comprehensive, knowledgeable, professional, respectful, and compassionate musculoskeletal services available. Our office is committed to ethical and highly competent treatment of all patients in a fiscally appropriate and responsible manner.
The mission of Royal Palm Orthopedics is to partner with business, government, and other stakeholders in Central Florida to provide comprehensive health and safety management for their employees, including protection, maintenance, and promotion of the health, wellness, and productivity of workers.
Our overarching focus is achievement of an optimal combination of quality care and outcomes and business (customer) services approach, and provision of superior value for patients and client companies.
As the needs and preferences of our patients and customers become apparent, Royal Palm Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, will grow and increase the depth of services to be provided to our patients, through the offering of alternative and complimentary Musculoskeletal services.
Our Cooperative vision is a state of the art medical practice integrating general Orthopedics, workers compensation and other occupational medical services, with physical therapy to provide the highest quality of comprehensive, evidence-based care and service to individuals and businesses in central Florida.